Part-time Taproom Manager
Brewery Legitimus is a growing craft brewery and taproom located in New Hartford, CT. Our mission is to craft balanced, true to style, high quality ales. We strive to provide a unique, enjoyable and welcoming experience for our customers. We are committed to partnering with local small businesses to promote and develop a strong community. Our taproom is often our customers’ first impression of our brand so we strive to exceed expectations in that area.
To help further our mission we are seeking a part-time taproom manager. If you believe that you can join our team and make a positive impact as a leader this is the job for you. Our tap room manager will be responsible for providing a positive, warm and welcoming environment for our guests. In addition, they will educate our staff and guests about brewing, the history of craft beer and craft beer styles.
The ideal candidate is a craft beer enthusiast who has a sincere desire to contribute and help build our brand. We are seeking a candidate who is trustworthy, professional and comfortable taking initiative and acting independently.
· Customer Service - Ensure an exceptional customer experience and whenever necessary resolve concerns using good judgment, professionalism and courtesy. Conduct brewery tours at specified times
· Employee Management - Assist with weekly schedule and monitor staffing needs based on sales volume. Communicate job expectations to all staff. Supervisor and direct 7 beertenders. Backs up all duties of beertenders. Train employees on various topics. Assists with recruiting and hiring efforts. Review and approve staff timecards. Review beertender job performance and provide both positive and constructive feedback. Resolve employee concerns where necessary.
· Safety - Ensure and instill a safety-first environment for both customers and employees. Ensure responsible serving practices.
· Financial Objectives - Meet Tap Room financial objectives including but not limited to managing taproom labor budget within established guidelines, managing inventory, assist with planning, marketing and supervising special events.
· Operations - Update and maintain POS system and resolve technical issues. Complete opening and closing managerial duties including starting cash till, reconciling cash receipts and complete deposit. Transport deposit to night deposit. Reconcile and distribute tips to beertenders.
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· 2 years of bartending experience and brewery / winery / restaurant / bar management experience
· 2 year of experience with POS systems
· Knowledge of and passion for craft beer and the brewing industry
· Knowledge of inventory controls, marketing, and budgetary controls
· Excellent customer service, interpersonal and proven leadership skills
· Ability to work on a team and contribute in a positive manner
· Strong communication skills
· Comfortable speaking to customers and in large groups
· High school diploma
· Must be available to work all taproom operating hours including nights, weekends and holidays
· Excellent math skills
· Bachelor’s degree preferred or applicable work experience Experience/Skills
· Four-year college degree in relevant area of study
· Cicerone certification
· TIPS certification
Please send an email to email@example.com. In the email attach your resume and a list of three references and briefly describe your qualifications and why you would like to join our team. Include in the subject line “Resume - Last Name, First Name” otherwise we may not see your email. Please, no phone calls.